Monday, October 6, 2008

Ask a Shark Guy

It's nice to get asked sharky questions and we answer about 20 of these a week. The short answer to this weeks question is "jump in the waters fine".

In the 100 year history of the SF Bay there has never been a recorded shark attack:

Dear Shark Divers,

I saw your blog while I was searching for information regarding San Francisco Bay, and I would appreciate if you could advise me.

I live in the UK and a friend of mine also from the UK, has been trying to persuade me to do a swim in 2009 from Alcatraz to San Francisco Bay. She has done it with a team last year and would like me to get involved.

Although I am interested in this idea and I see it as a great challenge, I am a bit afraid as I worry about the sharks in the bay. Do you get white sharks around Alcatraz towards the San Francisco Bay? Is it really dangerous to do a swim of this kind? What should I be wary of?

I would really appreciate your advice. It will help me to reach a final decision.

Thank you in advance and all the best!

2 comments:

Squidforce said...

A while back the Squid Force did a little research into photo that is displayed on the top of this post. Although we couldn't find the talented photoshop artist we did find out a little about their possible motivation. Check it out http://www.squidforce.com/2008/09/23/where-do-i-get-me-some-shark-repellent-bat-spray/

Horizon Charters Guadalupe Cage Diving said...

Thanks Squid Force, great post!